Thursday, November 29, 2012

...for an achievable target...

i've given up on intelligence.

having spent many years of my life in a lazy attempt to boost my iq by consuming brain-foods (oily fish, walnuts, pumpkin and flax-seeds), i've finally given up the chase for membership of mensa (which requires an iq level of 140)

i've learned that my brain weighs around one and a half kilos, 
but using it gobbles up a whopping 20% of my daily calorie intake. 
no wonder i'm always hungry.

not only would i eat brain-cell boosting foods, 
sometimes i'd even give it some exercise and read a book.

however even this i shall quit, since one of the books i read extolled the virtues of giving the brain complete down-time.

i know from my cycling that muscles can be over-trained, and that recovery time is an important part of any athletes strategy. 
so that's it, i'm permanently resting my brain.

the clincher though was my discovery that the average iq
 of nobel prize winners is just 120. 120!

henceforth my aim shall be to reduce my iq in the hope that
 one day i shall be awarded a nobel prize.

finally, an achievable target.